Friday 3 May 2013

Evaluation

For the Gothic horror urban legends project I decided to look at the urban legend of the clown statue/clown doll. I initially choose the legend as I felt I could explore and develop moving ideas towards a final look with an interesting outcome. I also thought it would be exciting with me not being keen on dolls myself to produce something that could make me feel discomfort and also the audience. When starting my initial research I looked at all options that could be explored with this urban legend looking at dolls, puppets and clowns. After briefly researching all three possibilities I decided that dolls were defiantly going to be my root of interest and what I wanted my two final ideas to be based on. I decided I wanted to have my two final images based on the same character and have my model play the role of having schizophrenia making her have a personality disorder thinking that her china doll talks to her and that she is this doll in reality. When producing my final ideas for both looks I felt that my research linked and really helped me to understand and develop my designs towards both my characters concepts. I feel my shoots also went pretty well for both ideas even though at times within both shoots I felt slightly unprepared and came across problems. The biggest problem I faced was with my first idea and shoot based on the schizophrenic. The putty I was placing on my model spine to create an exaggerated effect would not work resulting in me slightly changing my original idea. If I could re do both my shoots I would defiantly practise both my ideas more and also shoot them abit earlier as it was abit of a rush in the studio with lots of people and a rush to get them edited. Overall I am happy with the end result of both my shoots and feel that they link to my ideas developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment