Friday 26 April 2013

moulding ./.?

For my first look which is based on dolls and schizophrenia I wanted to make my model look distressed and mad from the voices she here's which are driving her crazy and making her believe she is something she is not. Ive thought and looked at potentially creating an final image focusing on the back of my model and not actually being able to see her face. This is where the idea of making her look distressed and almost controlled by this doll came from in taking it out on her back making her bones stand out and focusing on her positioning and hair. Thinking about this idea meant i either had to find a model who's spine stood out a lot or i had to create this allusion myself on my model. The second option was the only one i found i could do as i already had a model in mind who had all the other elements i needed for my final images. I started looking at products that could create this effect, the top image shows some not very great quality photos of trying out putty on the skin. This putty is moulded and then applied to the skin where you can mould it into a shape and then smooth it down and work on top of. I practised using this on the wrist bone and placing it on the back where it seemed like it could work. This was a very quick practise so i wasn't sure if on the day it would actually 100% work or look right, but knew that if it did it could look really good in showcasing my characters identity.


No comments:

Post a Comment